The SOLO Trip

To some, making my way to Kuala Lumpur doesn't seem to be a big deal but to me it is because it was first ever solo trip. That's right, I made my way all alone to Kuala Lumpur despite asking few friends to join my short getaway. OK, elaborate the first day experience on this post.


10th June 2011

As usual, my day was pretty fine at work but I just can't  wait to reach home and do last minute preparation, checking on items and spend my last few days with my love ones.

Made my way to Lavender Mrt Station to take the coach to KL and i made it on time. Quite scared because i never took train at 11pm and asked the mrt guy whether there is any train service available. Then there was a "crazy" guy talking very loudly about Singapore will sink soon, truck by tsunami after Japan's hit, world's coming to an end and about Jesus. Very disturbing scene to the normal Singaporeans as they always treat this time of people as crazy people and they will like look at him like one kind.

Upon reaching, I bought some snacks from 7-11 and get myself on board. When all the Filipinos, Thais and Singaporeans making a fuss on the number seats, I just watch them and settling myself by smsing and tweeting my beautiful fellow friends. Suddenly there was an unknown number calling. I was like, who would call me in the middle of the night?But i just picked it up.
He: Hello. Hafizah Binte Abd Wahab?
Me:Yes?
He:You booked a ticket to KL right?
Me:Yes.
He:Where are you?(I saw him talking on the phone outside the bus)
Me:I'm on the bus already.
He:(the guy turned and i waved frantically)oh, you never collect your ticket.
Me:ouh really?hehe.

So the uncle board the coach and hand over the ticket to me.awww.

I slept soundly, I didn't even went for my toilet break at Yong Peng. The thing is that I'm truly scared that no one looked after my back and the bus will leave me. Reached KL around 545am and saw this Masjid so white. I don't really know the name but i was thinking that i can just pray there but i didn't. The first thing i did was smsing my mom than my cousin to pick me up at Times Square.

While waiting for him, i thought of going to perform my prayers so i went to the 7-11 and asked the store keeper. The lady who attended me gave the directions and it was complicated. I said thanks and walked away, thinking of going to  the mosque that i saw previously but i couldn't remember the directions. I don't have a choice but to follow the directions that the lady gave me.

When i reached level 3A, the only thing i saw were 7-11 HQ and 2 strange looking doors. No indications to the surau. As i was a bout to "abort my mission" there's this one security guard came out from the lift and looking at me in a weird way.
He:nak ke mane?cari apa?(where are you going?what are you looking for?)
Me:Surau(a prayer room).
He:Ouh surau kat sini(oh, its here), *he showed me the way by pushing one of the doors*
He:tak pernah datang sini ke?(you had never come here before?)
Me:tak.ouh kat sini.(no.oh its here)
He:dari mana?(where are you from)
Me:seram jugak eh tempat ni.(this place looks scary uh)
He:dari mana?(where are you from)
Me:kampung(village)*walks away from him*
He:Nak kemana tu?(where are you going?)
Me:Nak pegi angkat wuduk.(i want to take my abolution)
He:Nak kemana tu?(where are you going?), kat sini (its here) tak pernah datang sini ke?(you had never come here before?)
Me:tak.


Then he showed me the toilet and i went in. The most important thing came to my mind was, what the hell was i thinking?The place looks as creepy as hell, that guy's face was creepy and keep on asking creepy questions. I put my bag to push the door trying to calm myself. Then went to the cubicle for a while then came back to the door and put my bag there. Took out my toiletries and was about to brush my teeth when the security guy pushed the door.

I pushed it back coz i was so scared. He pushed again n i gave him chance. He said whether i still remember how to go to the prayer room and i gave him a straight face yes. I was so scared that i felt numb, i felt that i cant cry because i was too scared. I try to buy time and stretch on what ever i was going to do. I packed my bag again at 640am and pull all the courage and braveness, stepped out from the toilet looked left and right. Walked quickly to the prayer room and to find out that the qiblah is opposite the door. So what i did is that i put my bag to the door and prayed nearer to the door. Quickly finished up everything and go out from the building.*pheww*

I went back to 7-11 to buy caramel machiato and start up the conversation again. I told them it was a scary place. The guy said that the place is not regularly used for prayer :S he asked whether im from Singapore and I had to admit it to him. Both of them said that i should be careful and i was like rolls eyes, i've just encounter it just now. I then said thanks and bid farewell.

I cant forgive myself if anything happen to me on the faithful day.
I cant believe that i was as brave as that.
Im still quite shock on that incident.

After that incident, i waited for my cousin to fetch me.
You can browse my fb page for the pictures :)

i shall continue about my trip soon :))
xoxo

Comments