Perhentian Part 2

Sorry to keep you guys waiting. I can't promise you guys how many more part I really need to blog about my trip. Its too awe struck experience!!

Where did I stop?Still in day 1 right?

We didnt do much activity for day 1 because we had really "good" time on the bus (the 8 hours ride from KL to Kuala Besut is just too painstaking!). All we did was wander around the island (we only had our tour at our beach area because we cant really walk to the other side due to rocks and forested area). After we checked in really early in the morning, we settled down for a while in our room, did some unpacking, strolling at the shores and dipped ourselves in! We didnt gave ourselves a chance to even change to our swimming attire! Why? Because the water is too tempting and cold!hahah!






After a quick dip, we headed straight for lunch as the chalet admin called our room number from the shores telling us its time for lunch, how embarrassing!

From what I'd remember, he told us that everyone was waiting for us and by then they will serve food. Being a typical Singaporean, we rush ourselves to the diner and was embarrassed again -_-" With the wet clothing, we sat down at the eating area and to our surprise, the buffet wasn't ready. But the embarrassing part was, the admin guy came to us again asking why aren't we washed up and changed.



After a great meal, we went back to our room, washed up and sleep. I opened the windows and slept alone on the big bed that I had for my own. The feeling was blissful because we stayed very close to the beach so the breeze from the beach and the sound of the waves crashes the sands pats me to sleep. I REALLY miss that experience!!



We woke up nearly in the evening and settle ourselves for dinner. After dinner, we strolled around the beach area, there wasn't that much of night life (thank Allah), just have a shisha spot, ramly burger stall and shakes. Wasn't really into it. So after walking, my friends saw the stars above were too mesmerizing! Saw some beach mongers lying down on the sand, we had an idea of bringing our own blanket from our room and spread it on the beach. The experience was definitely amazing. Reminiscing or friendship and funny things that happen to us when we were in school and all those other things that just makes me praises Allah so much that I have incredible friends that wishes me well, having to be by my side at all times even when we are apart. I would never trade my friends with anything in the world! And the best part is that we catch quite a lot of shooting starts. MasyaAllah! Something that we can't get it in Singapore. You know what? Having your friends around experiencing the best of the world that could offer, I just can't help myself to be thankful at all times. These experience makes me humble, makes me open my eyes on things that happen on a daily basis that we, most of the time, take it for granted such as the sunrise, waves and breeze, stars and shooting stars, the humble food. Amazing!

And after having great time outdoors, its time to hit the sacks for day 2, snorkeling day.

Day 2 was a little bit organize rather than day 1 because we kinda know what to expect and what is the itinerary that we had. Breakfast was at 8am, Snorkeling was from 10am to 1pm.

So after our Fajr prayers, we waited for the sunrise and headed for our breakfast. We wanted to catch the red sun again but we can't because the shore was concave :( But all in all, it was something that we never did before either in Singapore or in KL. Usually after Fajr prayers, we will hit the sacks again to fulfill our desire of sleeping or qada' tidur for some. As some scholars said that the baraka of people who didn't sleep after Fajr prayers are as much as Allah is willing to give the person. Good wealth, health and other hidden secrets that Allah wants to give. And for me, having to observe the magnificent sun rising is part of barakah that I had through out the years that I had live.





A very simple and light breakfast because we are going to head for our snorkeling program.




Hope you guys can bear with this parts because I don't want to bore you with a very long post.

There's too much blissful things happening that I myself can't missed out from the post. The memories are too fond, too great for a person to experience and telling.
This will be the last post (i promise!)

After breakfast, the admin guy called us up saying that there are some goodies from the travel agent aunty that will be reaching soon. We were quite shocked and didn't expect much. We waited at the snorkeling booth and met the snorkeling instructor which he brief us about where we will be headed to and how well we could swim. He also mentioned that we will be getting goodies from aunty. We were also waiting for the other 2 persons that will be joining us in 1 boat for snorkeling. So we wait.

The passenger boat came and the guy passed us MANGOES & bottled waters!!I didnt see that coming and neither my girls. So one of us went back to the chalet to drop it and rushed back to the boat.


On our way to 1 of the spots, we didnt really took much pictures because we were too mesmerized and felt contented. For those who didnt knew me well, i DONT KNOW HOW TO SWIM. I was a bit scared and I chose to be the last person to dip in the waters. Looking at the girls and the couple who had wandered around, I felt left out and asked the guy whether he will help me. He said he will and i felt glad. When i dip myself in,it wasnt that scary much as i thought and the lady helped me to swim to my friends because they wandered far enough. The guy making a practical joke that made me laugh so hard. "Kak, snorkeling bukan tengok atas, tengok bawak eh kak" or in English is something like "Sis, you have to look down (at the corals) when snorkeling and not at the surface". He's funny and I liked him. HAHAH!

After swimming around with my friends and helped each other and I still panic and grabbing my friends hand and buttocks, drinking tons of sea water and finally that guy came to me and helped me. goshhhh! He really helped me a lot by going around at the second spot coz the first spot was my friends helped me moving around. Ended our "tour" at the first spot then we went to our 2nd spot where we can be with turtles but sadly the turtles swim very fast that we cant even get a chance to even look at it properly*sigh*



sdo we proceed to the third place where they called it the shark point. Definitely sounds scary but the sharks are small and when we where there, I only managed to see a sword fish. I did well for the third point and i realised that I've been using the snorkeling kit wrongly!no wonder I had been drinking too much see water.hahaha!

Finally, we went to a place where the mineral water just overflows from rocks and it is damn cold!nice experience.so we went for some camwhore session. All in all, our "driver" and the couple accompany us were damn fabulous!

some snap shots we had!






tell me how to resist the beautiful water?


the snorkellers
with the driver, abang Ali







Really enjoyed the stay eventho we didnt managed to do much things there because its our first time and we didnt researched the place that much. Love everything here and the time spent with my girls.

Tips for muslimah to beach/snorkeling holiday:
1.Bring enough clothes e.g. pants, tops, prayer clothing, hijab and lingires
2.Don't bring/wear shawls because its very troublesome to maintain (lots of pins needed and safety purposes). Just wear simple Turkey hijab or the express type like the picture above.
3.Baggy clothes for swimming. Please make sure you have a very long top (preferably till knee top, based on experience, my aurah was exposed when i was happily snorkeling and getting back to the boat after swimming)
3.Don't forget to bring sanitary pads, you'll never know when miss little red riding hood will be coming.
4.Just wear crocs or slippers. No cute shoes needed.
5.Sunscreen is a must!The higher the SPF the better.I used Banana Boat Sports SPF 50. On top of that,I used Body Shop's Moisture White™ Shiso UV Protection Cream SPF30 PA+++ i did look tanned but not as bad as sunburned.

Comments