The life of bridesmaid

Being a bridesmaid reminds me of the movie 27 dresses. May be I am over reacting but I just got myself 2 dresses for 1 wedding. This movie, is about a wedding planner+wedding planner busily helping others on their wedding and had attended 27 weddings. So she has 27 weird bridesmaid dresses that she kept in her closet that she didn't know when to wear it. LOL! I'm just scared that I will turn like Jane, be into other people weddings and keep the bridesmaid dresses.

So here's my bridesmaid dresses :)


my first dress, royal blue jubah, comes with the shawl from the bride.


my second dress at the reception hall. tailor-made & the design is by yours truly. 

by the way, the guy in the picture is the best man. His name is Benjamin.


Before leaving the club, #ootd moments.

The work of the bridesmaid is beyond words. Tiring and hectic. Running around taking items that the bride forgotten  picking up calls from various people, making sure the clothes are not entangled or not placed properly and the best part, I had to stand for 78347012946730 hours with my 2 inch heels on stage beside the bride smile all the way watching people kompang, silat, bagra dance, some toast and speeches. The wedding was held at Orchid Country Club. It is a very fascinating place to be there taking pictures and all but very remote and isolated palce to go for a wedding. The great part about it is that the couple booked 2 rooms for praying, change of clothes and make up. Very nice place indeed.

Overall, it is the most exciting yet tiring event. I cant imagine how is it like to be the bride :)

By the way, selamat pengantin baru to my beautiful friend Khadijah & Khalil. Semoga hingga ke akhir hayat Insya Allah.

Tips of being a bridesmaid.

1) Wear clothing that you are comfortable with. Not something that is too tight or too loose that you need to pick it up so many times. Or something that is thick on a very humid weather like Singapore or something too skimpy for a cold weather.

2) Shoes. You must have something that is very elegant yet comfortable. If you want to wear heels like me, make sure you put some padding on the soles of the heels. You can have it from different brands that suitable for you such as Party Feet by Scholls.

3) Even though you are not the main attraction, please wear something that is presentable for the make up. Not too dramatic but not too plain.

4) Take care of the itinerary of the event. What comes after which and coordinate with the wedding planner, host, parents and family. Charge you phone and be prepared to be called a gazillion times.

5) Get wacky on the malam berinai and after wedding party. Let yourself loose before and after the wedding.

Comments