Phuket, where I left my heart

Day 2
Woke up to a beautiful scenery
Dawn
 

We are all set for the van to pick us up for snorkeling and hoping that it will not rain. It was gloomy and I have a glimpse of hope when I saw sunlight.
 

But that was it. As we reached at the jetty spot, we waited for few minutes to get an announcement that the snorkeling trip was canceled due to high waves 2-3 metres high. Quite a bummer. The driver sent us back to the hotel, we didn't quite planned anything to do so we did some massage and I recalled that there's a blog which mentioned about Tunk Ka Cafe. Did some reading and next thing we did was to take a tuk tuk to Phuket Town. We were definitely lost because we didn't know where we are. No maps, no wifi to check for location, people in phuket don't speak english and we're doom! Well, we lifted up the motto of "Let's get lost!" for traveling. hehe

Luckily we met Top and his sister-in-law who can speak malay (I guess she's from southern Thai, that's why she can speak malay). So we asked around where is the nearest muslim food around and she gave us the direction to Charifah (Sharifah for Malay/Arabic)

The sign is at the top right hand corner

We were so hungry that we didn't manage to take pictures of the food we ate. Oh did I mentioned to you we ordered Tomyum for every single restaurant we ate and this place have the best?!It's spicy, milky (lemak) and lots of mushrooms, prawns, chicken and carrots innit.

So around there the area, there are few muslim stalls but we are not familiar with thai food. Scary and they cant speak english!so we avoid it. We walked around the jumbo sale area, it's like bugis village with clothes and food around.

We went back to Top and asked him to take us to Tunk ka Cafe and we will be seated for 2 hours then send us back to Phuket for 800 baht.cheap uh?

What's up with Tunk Ka Cafe? It's located at a hilltop with magnificent view, great desserts and drink. FYI, it's not halal certified but we only had desserts and drinks which are non meat/liquor ingredients in it.

    




 

     

After that, we were rushed back to Patong beach, did some shopping and bought the dessert:

BANANA PANCAKE!!
We had some photo shoot at Patong beach and headed back to our hotel room.

 

Day 3&4

Day 3 seems promising and we didn't really need a sunny day since we are doing water rafting. Although I was hoping that we can actually go the waterfall but since it rained, I don't really mind. We did water rafting, elephant riding, fruit farm visit, quad bike and fish spa. The place was overcrowded with tourist from China & India (we kinda don't like it because it feels like back home). Btw, I'm not racist, is just that having to be away from home, I thought that we can actually feel that we are in another country but it seems the same :(

Oh another thing about the place is that it is not good!please don't go to safari because it has a very bad service. Quad bike was a very stupidest thing to do. Nothing fancy as the quad bike broke down too many times, the people wasn't nice to help us.






I don't think I would do it again if I'm gonna travel there again. Nothing fantastic tho. Just for experience only.

We reached the hotel nearly 6pm and we quickly washed up when my brother told me he's catching a fever due to the coldness of doing rafting and wet clothes. He also throw up on our way back. I'm kinda worried for him. Luckily Mas did bring panadol and we had dinner nearby. We didn't really went to patong since he was sick, I tried to buy some pills at the pharmacy since he said he got a stomachache. 

The last thing I knew, I was infected with food poisoning in the middle of the night making so many trips to the toilet throwing up and diarrhea. It kills my mood in the morning where we thought of going swimming and do parasailing the next day. We woke up late, I was still snuggle in bed and went down only at 8am for breakfast. The guys were late tho. We went back to the hotel and Mas was so excited wanting to go for a swim and I was lying on the bed telling her we gonna check out at 12. She almost freak out and canceled the swimming trip at the hotel and pack our bags. We checked out, went to the beach, my brothers were so excited to go for the parasailing and I'm the one who backs out. May be I was too sick to think about it. Anyways, they enjoyed it. We had lunch after that, and head to airport to home.









Booo!!To sum up, it's an eye opener but at the same time it wasn't the awesomest trip as it rained throughout the days we were there. It kinda dampen our spirit though. And I got jealous to those people who went earlier or later had not much rain as we had and they had so much fun. 'Ala kulli hal, whatever happen, happened. Everything that we planned may or may not be or done as what we wanted. It is part and parcels of life that we had to face it. I shall go to Krabi next time, but not so soon I guess.

Teehee!

Comments