Pre-departure to Hong Kong

Hi all!! 
I've went to Hong Kong and back and started working. boohoo!

As promised, I will walk you through a pre-departure post since before flying off but I was quite busy like I don't know why. Anyways, I will be touching most likely on how to pack your luggage and what are the simple things to prepare and to look out for.

Firstly, luggage size and payment of kg for luggage. We had a problem with this because we exceeded the weight limit and had to pay expensive top up. Luckily my cousin thought of an idea to top it up online which is wayyyyy cheaper. It is hard to pack light to cold countries because of your boots and trench coats. Buy a ziplock bag to secure everything in (except the boots and shoes tho). Check you luggage too whether you can bring it in cabin or check-in bag. I've always packed light to anywhere, usually 6 to 7kg but this time round its nearly 10kg and yup, I had to repack. You can read it online for more info.

You can oly bring up to 10kg for most of the budget flights

Secondly, clothing. Check on the weather forecast on how the weather is like and how cold and dry the place is. I've check mine using accuweather on my phone as well as regular checks on the net. If you must know that Singapore is such a humid and tropical country, so going to Hong Kong on winter will be dry and cold/cool. So what we've prepared was trench coats from pull & bear in red (my fav color!) 
Cheap steal at Pull & Bear cost $79.00
Other than that, we prepared ourselves with other thermal wears from Uniqlo. Gloves are optional but lucky me I grabbed one way before for just $10 at Winter Time sale  because I needed it badly at Victoria Peak because it is too cold! And yes, boots is a must because its good to make your feet warm (you might need it at other colder countries to protect your toes from frostbites) and make sure it is waterproof. Mine's a velvet and its damped on Disneyland from the heavy rain the whole day. I didn't manage to get a time to make it waterproof using wax or spray. boohoo!

I make sure I brought 3 pairs of pants and shoes just in case if it gets wet or dirty. Your top wont mind because you will be wearing trench coat most of the time unless you are the type that minds. I had different tops each day but mostly are not new or wow. I had 2 t-shirts, 4 dresses and for the whole trip. Bring lotsa socks too!! I have sleeping socks, thermal socks and normal ankle socks. hahah!

Thirdly, moisturizer and creams. It is a small ting but so important because humidity level dropped and our skins tend to be drier (compared to Singapore and Hong Kong). I brought my
Nivea lipbalm
snail white moisturizer cream
lovey handy hand cream bought at Sephora
and
another hand cream from vaseline
You will know why I needed the whitening (but my mom bought it for me, so I had to use it too)

I guess if you have all these, you are good to go! Before travelling, please do check your itinerary and maps before flying off. Check your valuables and please listen to the announcement especially regarding your gate and delayed flights (that's another story altogether tho, in another post of course).

Comments