World Ventures and why I don't want to join them

Sorry for the long hiatus, I was thinking of something that close to heart which is travelling.

I love to travel and definitely anything and everything under the sun will just makes me want to plan for another/next trip. So yeah, one of my friend suddenly introduced me about World Ventures last week. I actually got to know about this company last year when I followed one of the instagrammer * I can't remember her* and my friend's brother in-law. At that moment of time, I wasn't really sure but I wasn't keen to know more until late last year, I try to dig out what all these "you should be here" blue logo/slogan around and what they were talking about. I follow closely on the girl's instagram to know more about it *stalker much*. I clicked on the website but it seems too vague. So what I found on her insta was just pictures of flight tickets and maps on where she's going and how awesome this company is and then it leads to like how she earns money and she actually earned less than few months. Too far fetched right?



So this friend of mine sending me videos and talking persuade me to join world venture and when I said is something like MLM he said, nilah org melayu kite, sikit2 MLM, tak cube tak tau  or in English "Malay community always like to jump into conclusion, everything seems like MLM, you won't know unless you try". ERK.

  1. First you mentioned about getting to travel and earned money. Where got people want to give you money unless you work with national geographic or blue planet lah dey. You write articles and journals about travelling, you take awesome pictures and people will buy for your talent and not from nothing. OK to be fair, it's not nothing lah, it's hard work. You just phrase it in a nicer way that I won't buy it. 
  2. Secondly, how can it not be MLM when you need to find 3 or 4 other friends to join and you are waived from your subscription. ermmmm, got subscription summore? Thanks but no thanks. 
  3. Third, it's networking on a trip and not holiday. I'm extrovert but I don't like crowds, too suffocating. and you suppose to relax and not to do work on holiday right? Unless is a staff retreat (my staff retreat pun 20 pax aje, no more because too crowded). And having to add on from the lady from instagram lagi lah tak convicing. I went to HK without WIFI dah kemaruk upload so many pictures, even got post uploading pictures lagi. HAHAH! Just admit lah, you don't get to go but you want to promote you put stupid pictures, as if I'm blind. 


Oh what's my continuation of the conversation with my friend earlier? I told him that I love to travel, yes, but I just love travelling. fullstop. He kept babbling about cheaper rates lah, I can earn lah, easy money lah, blablabla. I told him again, I love travelling, just travelling. I'm happy with what I doing and travelling. I'm happy to book from Agoda, Bookings.com. I love my own itinerary. HAHHAH! *narcissism much* oklah, part haha tu tak okay. He just kept quiet and said IF I change my mind, let him know.

hmmmm. whatever.

If you wanna know more you can read here, here, here, here and here from other bloggers.

Actually my aunt ever wanted to ask us cousins to join and my cousin did pay the lady over a phone call to transfer money and no membership card and contract given. chet! She called me and my standard answer will be like, I need to think about it. around $240 of membership payment and I can get free trips/hotels? Are you kidding me? And the most far fetched answers when I told her I needed time, she said, "Oh this is one time thing, you are considered lucky that we called you. You won't get this kinda deal anymore outside." I told her I'll call back when I'm ready she said no, the offer is valid NOW. I was like wth!!??! I asked her the company's name and she said is confidential. HUH??!!

Another case waayyyyyy back during SIM time where I got a brochure and they ask simple questions like:

  • Do you love travelling?
  • Do you wanna explore the other parts of the world with cheap deals?
  • Do you wanna earn money while travelling?
It's a trap question lah you guys. You will definitely write YES to all. So this chap babble bla3 but I wasn't that keen but still listening. Luckily my friend was there shooing him. After the chap left, he said about this thing and he actually sat at the dialog/sharing session and how even celebrities are doing it and it is not MLM. He said don't go, it IS MLM but in a nicer way to put it, you get cheap/free travels. *who in the right mind wants to give free tickets except your parents uh? Even now, I'm paying my family for holiday. Ape je*

On the other note, I have fatwa ( legal opinion or learned interpretation that a qualified jurist or mufti can give on issues pertaining to the Islamic law) from MUIS. You can read up regarding MLM and why it is not permissible in Islam and how to denominate that it is MLM after all.

But heyy, it's my personal point of view. If you want to venture, please do. Maybe you can make money and travel cheap/ free. Who knows? But for me, I love my own travelling plans :)





Comments