Solo day trip to Bintan

Impromptu? Bintan? Solo? Never went there before?

I took my AL wayyy before just to stay at home and rest or do nothing at all but because of one HOD told me to go somewhere, just a day trip to Batam or Bintan will do, just to unwind myself, I decided to make an impromptu trip.

I know nothing about Bintan and never step there myself. So little time and information, I was desperate and read a lot of blogs on how to go there. I purchased my ticket 1 week before I go after I got reply from Stu from Air Adventure, a 20-min seaplane ride which only available in Bintan. That's the very reason why I wanted to go Bintan, because I saw my friend, Adilah went there. Other than that, I'm sure, there's spas there but no idea any available spas and how to book (am sucha noob!)

So I just make my way to Bintan on 18th Decmeber, on a Thrusday with only an information from Stu that he will be waiting for me at the ferry terminal. HAHA! I took the early ferry at 9.10am and reached BBTFT (Bandar Bentan Telani Ferry Terminal) at 9am Indonesia time. Cleared customs and I was there at 9.30 am when I saw Stu. 

FYI, there's 3 or 4 ferry terminals in Bintan compared to Batam. Depends on where you wanna go or which resort you wanna stay. The one that I always known of is Tanjung Pinang, was popular few years back then because the pakcik-pakcik likes to go there and spend their time karaokes and makcik will buy keropok-keropok.

Here are some info for ferry rides from different ferry terminals/ ferry carriers:

Bintan resort ferries: stops at BBTFT schedule & fares (I took this ferry)
Ferry Full: stops at Bintan Lagoon Resort 
Sindo Ferry: stops both BBT and Tanjung Pinang schedule & fares

and others. You can make a phone call or go there and purchase your tickets on the spot.

To Bintan, all ferries are from Tanah Merah Ferry terminal. If you wanna go there by public, take train to Tanah Merah MRT and take bus 35 straight to the ferry terminal. Its around 40 mins ride. My personal choice, taxi! Hahaha!

I was late and just cabbed. Luckily I wasn't that late because I reached 8.40 and it's already last call. dah mcm amazing race, went to the counter, exchange my receipt with ticket, buy some snacks terus masuk. I was so disorganized, I was holding so many things in my hand.

And I didn't know Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal is very beautiful!






To tell you the truth, solo travelling will be boring if you don't have any internet access. For me, it only takes me around 15 mins after sailing and I can't update my twitter nor instagram on what I'm doing. To kill time and little miss forgetful, never bring pen, I had to get up and complete the white card at the counter. A friendly crew, Mas Ambeong started to make small talks about Bintan and the white card. Small talks that gives me a privilege of getting on deck! The deck is the executive price which I didn't purchase and I get to take pictures up here. So magnificent that I can see Batam from the deck!

That greeny thing over there is Batam





Executive suite. Fancy ehh

This is mine
So I reached there and Stu from Air Adventures picked me up at the ferry terminal for some seaplane ride! You can book them 1 week earlier! heheh. Youc an check on their FB for details too for special promo.




The office


The  video! enjoy!





And I got my cert!

Best ride ever!
Now for some spa! Initially I wanted to go to the beach first but Stu was busy and he had to fetch some other customers to fly, so he just send me to this spa, a friend of his, the Bintan Natural. He asked them to take care of me and have the very best service for me which they did! I feel like I slept so many time in between massages and so pampered like a princess.

The nice spa ambience

The room is for 2 but there's no one there, so I had the best room for myself!

The steam area. So cool right? I've never had this steam stuff like this, usually the old skool type like a zipper cupboard where only my head will be out. But make sure you enter here without your contact lenses because it's very hot in here. 28 and increase to 29 like 10 minutes is a torture. My contacts like melting and my eyeballs are very painful.

The shiok jacuzzi. I had milk bath in here


It's so relaxing!

They gave me kuih lapis and lemongrass drink before I started my spa, then they gave me cold water during my steam and they gave me milo and 2 choc chip cookies (which can see in this picture, without the cookies coz it's gone in my stomach!)

After all that, I was hungry and had lunch. Nasi Rendang beef (I find it a bit salty)


It's halal. They have a large range of food eatery
Then I started walking around. Thought of going Pasar Oleh Oleh and they say it's 2 minutes away.

Not pasar oleh oleh but some mini mart shops around the area. There's Martha Tilar too which initially I wanted to book here but a bit too late and I dont know how to contact them.

Should have just eat at the pasar here. Seems cheap and true authentic Bintan food

Houses for workers from all around Bintan resorts

Accidentally terjumpa mosque when I was sesat





Very nice handwritting and I miss arabic classes!







Cool exterior!

After 30 minutes of walking, finally I found it!
There's nothing much in Pasar Oleh Oleh rather than a mini mart and run down shops and cafes.

Kampoeng Lagoi. I dont even bother to get my buttt in here after seeing Pasar Oleh Oleh. 
So I went back to Bintan Natural to wait for Stu to pick me up to go to the beach but sadly he has customers to fly and the boutique lady got me a driver and send me back to the ferry terminal. bohoo! I tried asking the driver if he can bring to the beach but he was a bit reluctant and it didn't occur to me that I need to 'pay' him to go there. But all in all, alhamdulillah. I wouldn't know anyone there except for Stu whom I really trust. Other than him, I'm a bit skeptical about it.



Some beach near ferry terminal



And off we go 












The sunset was super awesome and I didnt get to the top deck coz it was rainy and the boat ride was really bumpy
But all in all, I love my solo trip to Bintan! The closure for 2014 trips!

And a short video of what my day trip looks like. Happy watching!



Solo trip advices:
1 - Have an itinerary on what you want to do, do extensive research of the place
2 - Make sure you book your stuff way ahead and contact them when it is nearing the date that you want to go
3 - Have a map or offline map if you don't have internet access
4 - Dont be shy to ask around for help or any perks
5 - Have fun!


Why solo trip works for me? Stay tune on upcoming post :)

Comments

Post a Comment