The Travel Tag

I'm so honoured to be tagged my cousin, Nyna coz I didn't expect it and I don't really travel that much so my experience is very limited. Haha! Anyways...
  •  What made you start traveling?
I can't really remember but it was quite young and my parents are the type who are very kamikaze. My dad ever came home and said "My leave is approved, let's pack our bags and go" without even planning. Haha! I think, from there onwards, I have that adventurous travelling in my mind. I started travelling with my best friends to Perhentian Island in 2012. It was the longest bus ride I had but the trip was heaven. We saw shooting stars and had a great time snorkelling!
After subuh, we immediately go for a swim

  •  Where was your first plane ride to?

I think I was six when I had the first plane ride. It was Singapore Airlines from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore. I only remember I had orange juice and muffin on flight. That's all. 
Seaplane ride at Bintan

  •  Where have you travelled to that you would love to visit again?
I've travelled to Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur, Perhentian Island, Langkawi, Port Dickson), Indonesia (Batam & Bintan), Phuket, Hong Kong and Macau.
I would love to go back to most of them! Why?
Kuala Lumpur: Shopping and food heaven
Langkawi, Perhentian and Bintan: The beautiful islands escapes from tiring life in Singapore
Macau: To do the Skywalk again and Tower Climb
Hong Kong: To hike Lion Peak, Lantau Peak, Tai Tung Shan, go to Sunny Bay and Cape D' Aguilar

  •  What are 3 of your must have travel items?

1. Electronic devices a.k.a. phone, Lumix camera, GoPro 
2. Cash $$$. I dont depend much on my card because I ever got stuck in KL with my card blocked because of the ATM. Till now, the card is still blocked.

3. Good shoes! I really love walking and I cant take it if the shoes are not comfy. The most comfy shoe for me is Crocs, and it's good for all terrain (wet or shine). If I plan to hike or play sports, I'll bring my sport shoes too!
 
  • Window, isle or middle seat?
Depends on the airplane. Once I was in TigerAir at the window seat and I felt claustraphobic because of the ceiling is too low and my space quite small. But most of the time, window seat!

 

  •  What place is on your 'places to visit next' list?
I have a lot of places on my 'to-go' list. 
The next trip before I get hitched are Surabaya and Jakarta, Indonesia.
My honeymoon to Lombok, Indonesia.
InsyaAllah, Umrah.
Then all the random trips (not in order): Europe Tour, Turkey + Bosnia, Spain + Morocco, Japan, The Golden Triangle + Vietnam, Australia, Jordan + Palestine and the list will go on and on and on.hahah


  
  •  Where would you travel just for the weather?
I would love to experience snow in Netherlands or any part of Europe (except Italy). It's too cool, magical and fairy-tale like.
Perasan in Europe, padehal at Macau 

  •  Do you have an interesting 'I'm lost' story?
I was lost twice. One in Phuket when I only remember the blog mentioned this tree top cafe but we dont have maps of Phuket. We also had a hard time to find halal food before going to the cafe because the arabic wordings looks like thai! Language barrier and not familiar with the place, we had a hard time to decipher (they dont know what halal is, they look at us one kind because we wear tudung) but luckily we found someone who can speak Kelantan and tried to explain to them. 
We were out of no where. I dont know where I am at all. No google maps. Apparently this is a halal warong.
Ended up we makan here at the Charifah Restaurant. Can't recognise the halal food right? -.-"
Another one was in Bintan. That was my first solo trip. I also infer to a blog about Pasar Ole-Ole which states it's quite near, around 2 mins walk. I ended up walking like 30 minutes under the hot sun to some housing area after asking around for directions. I was fed up and made my way back because I couldn't find the place but in the end, it was just across another street. When I reached Pasar Ole-Ole, there was nothing but an abandon malay village with mini marts there. No Ole-Ole at all. Disappointment after disappoinment.
The map that i didn't save in my phone. I ended up walking....

...walking up that hill and all the way to the staff houses instead of turning right here
  •  Where would you travel to just to eat the food?

Definitely KL! The cafes there are truly awesome!!!

  •  Is there a place you would never go again?
I won't go Phuket again because we had a bad experience there. Raining almost all 4 days n my brother had gastric flu on 3rd day n i had diarrhoea the next day. Krabi, maybe. I want to take a break from beach holidays for a while because I had too much and we do mostly the same things again and again.  
Rainy day everyday in Phuket, so no water activities except for white river rafting. Booo!
  •  If you could take one person with you to travel who would it be?
I find solo trips are better and I enjoyed it very much!
  •  How do you pass the time on the airplane?
Sleeping! My attention span is very bad. Watching movies and listening to music doesn't help me at all. But picturesque moments like sunrise/sunset or beautiful islands (like I went to Langkawi) is to look out for and take gazillion pictures of it.
Awesome sunset!

  •  Are there other people whom you think would do this? 
I would like to hear from my wanderlust friend Siraj about his beautiful journeys to so many places.

Comments

  1. chey mentang2 da travel sorang2, now solo trips are better eh! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! You will only blame urself if anything happened or didn't turn out well. And easier to plan too :p

      Delete

Post a Comment