Buying of La รฉtoffe (The Fabric) for my wedding dress!!!

At first, I only thought that I want to get the baju nikah sewn by my friend's sister because my cousin, Ira, was getting married and I didn't know that if she's taking engagement/wedding dress orders. But after discussing, she said she could insyaAllah and help me a lot with the design and fabrics.

We went to Arab St on 4th March to discuss about the concept, the design and the fabrics that I want. I only know the fabrics like satin, chiffon, silk, lace, organza and cotton. Other than that, I'm a noob. haha. So dah happy2 and I have decided on what I want for my baju kan, we went to hunt for fabrics. I had no budget and specific lace or colour. If I like it, I buy it. I went crazy at Sharavan as they provide varieties of songkets!!! I love songket, I ni orang lama and now, songket comes in different2 colours and the tenunan have multiple coulours instead of the normal gold and silver tenunan.

But, there's always drama to it. After we bought it, we went to the Honeycomb cafe to have our yogurt and took out the fabric to take a picture and look at it but we didn't realize that the fabric was the wrong one. In terms of colours, is the same but the texture is satin instead. Only that when we were at home, then my cousin realized that it was the wrong one. Dah panic and we didn't have proper receipt except for the nets atm receipt. The funny part, we took out twice tau abe we lupe and tak perasan that fabric is shiny semacam.

So my cousin helped me to go to the textile shop to ask him and make an exchange. Giler nye kerje.

Here's the sneak preview of the fabric that I've chosen. Tak sabar nak see the results!!!

My baju nikah *.*
My second baju, songket! for cake cutting!

Comments