My oh so drama videographer - VS

Last year, when we came to their office, we thought that we had the same vibe, the same thinking and the same goals of what videography and cinematography means. We were wrong.

1 year and half passed and it is only left with 3 weeks to our wedding, my videographer, VS just suddenly changed the contract agreement that we had signed. Padehal I texted them sebelum puasa, sebelum raya when is the 2nd appointment will be on and brape banyak deposit nak kene bawak. And they didnt say anything about it.

Pulak tu aku tgh stress kat keje with all the showcases and concerts going on after hari raya week, the lady in team just texted me about the appointment date and the amended contract. I was like WHATTTTTTTT~ jgn mcm ni lah. Aku tgh sibuk kerje abe u just drop a bomb mcm tu. haiz. so aku complain to my friends and cousin, minta opinion and most of them were like, no-no. But after consulted with my parents, my parents told me it was kinda last minute to change vendor. And kalau tukar vendor mane nak cari for 2 days and so last minute. So my dad kate mintak clarification from them, tanye baik2 in hoping that they can make sense to it.

What are the changes:


  1. 12hrs to 10hrs for 2 days nikah and reception day (when I rectify, they gave us back the 12hrs, like seriously?Typo error they said)
  2. 2hrs to 30 mins outdoor shoot (again, when I rectify, they gave us back the 1-2hrs of outdoor shoot. Reason being, they said that 30 mins enough to take video tak payah lama2. Then I said, 30mins nak jalan nak park nak sampai the place je dah take time, dah habis 30 mins. Then she sheepishly said "eh takla, we count the 30 mins from the time kite shoot" hmmmm)
  3. Change the time delivery of product. from 4-6 weeks in the old contract to 84 working days and they only work from Tuesday - Friday for the video. Are u kidding me? 4 months sape nak tgk lagi kan? Tak kelakar. But when meet, they said oh, this is the new product that we do, we change the concept for 2015. No more chapter 1 and 2 where 1 is nikah, 2 is sanding, Now everything in chapter 1 anad chapter 2 RAW videos. And being that, nak merge everything together tu jadi lambat and susah coz new chapter 1 is 20-45mins compared to old one. The old contract chapter 1 7-15mins nikah part and the other 15-25mins sanding. OMG! I dont care about the post production lah whether you whether you want to change to this or that, why you need to give me so late? Sape nak tgk, dah buat basi aje. I buat and edit video, I know how painstaking to edit, to hear, to put perfect songs, to get perfect angle and whatevernot. But you dont like that to me lah. Dad said that they have too many clients that they cant finish it on time lah. Even my mom dah ngiao to them, they said "takla cik, kite siap insyaAllah lagi siang dari tu, 84 days is just a safety net. Kene paham lah cik, Sep/Oct/Nov peak period cik org kahwin" Oh to hell with that! Bile2 pun peak period kak oi, tak peak tu bulan puasa je. Even sekarang one week before n after ramadan pun ade org kahwin. pffft
  4. Change payment dates. Ni aku tak kesah sgt. You want to change 2nd and 3rd payment from after majlis and upon delivery of product to 2nd appt to confirm itinerary and preview. BUT I dont understand that why I have paid you full amount during preview (sort of when you can change and edit your video to be better in your point of view), I have to wait 7 working days to receive your parcel. Best of all, this 7 working days is not stated in the contract. I've emailed them but tak reply. For me, you want to change the contract without my agreement and you asked us to abide it (I texted them before puasa and they didnt say they have changes in the contract, only when I wanted to schedule my 2nd appt, u give us this nonsense. And we can't do anything to it because we have less than a month to find a new vendor (work smart eh nak sepitkan org)
Another thing that I don't really favour is that we have to follow what they want and cater, direct to us. Kite pengantin like have no say if we want like this or like that. When they asked whether nak interview ke outdoor (eventho my heart screams for outdoor coz i tak minat langsung the interview part coz too long), they keep on pushing for interview, katanye my wedding is 2 full days so kalau dlm video boring nanti asek lagu je, no ckp2. And when we decided interview, my mom kata lah parents takle ke nak buat upcapan. Tak nak, takle, mak bapak busy org kahwin bla3. My mom keep on pushing for it and she said, susah lah cik. My mom said, what is the parents feel when yg cakap tu kawan2 instead of mak bapak or makcik pakcik dia sendiri. "Oh cik, takde impact lah cik. lagipun makcik2 mane kenal pengantin mcm kawan2" - oi degil nye nak cara dia jugak. I mean kau kene hormat lah kan mak pengantin yg request. Nak pakai dia nye ckp aje. With their dismay, they said they will look into it lah kalau my parents tak busy then they can interview, tapi tak janji. *flips hair*

Since I dah pilih interview, tak dpt lah outdoor. But actually I nak sgt2 and I've decide how is it like yg mcm Irma & Reza nye wedding video. Ade cinematography and all.


BUT, they say if I want to, I have to pay like another $250 more for that (the cinematography and all) after the outdoor photo shoot. And they say, if we still want outdoor shoot yg 30 mins tu, we just pay $50 and they tag along.

I'm so sad to the extend that I don't know what to say. I just pray that on the day and upon delivery takde pape lah. And as if I don't know how to edit video kan? I will just edit on my own if I don't like and agree too it. Pray for me okay ladies :')

For those who wants to ask me whether you want to cancel or still want to engage them, I, for one thing, I really love them, when they don't do all these stuff. I even suggested to my cousins and friends and they said it was smooth and very good. I love their idea of minimalist, not so cliche songs added inside, the cinematography and all. But having to experience this nearing to my wedding day, I dont want others to feel the same way. For me, they should honour their contract as we signed and agreed. Changing it without our prior acknowledgement and we had to "forced" abide to it because we don't have enough time and to do research and whether they have slots for my date means that they breached the contract. hmm.

wallahu a'lam

Comments