New placement, same ol' jobscope

Alhamdulillah for the long wait, the many interviews I went to different places and schools, the great "long term medical leave" which I think I didnt managed to fulfil some of the tasks I assigned for myself and the reasoning behind every great things. We plan but Allah's plans are way better and never questioned that.

After so many interviews and been let downed, I crawled back to my previous company to go back to my comfort zone. I think at this age, I dont want to do so many complicated things, I don't want to chase a higher position just for a higher pay but more and more responsibilities, I dont want to stress out myself like what I did in SOTA/ECPS coz I know my limits and capabilities. So, going back to what I do best, the company gave me ACS Secondary. I wasnt hesitant about the distant even because the new Downtown Line will be starting soon. One thing I love so much about this job during Ramadhan and school holidays is that I'm off at 5.30pm (and 5pm of Fridays) should be no problem, so that's okay. I see alot of my peers had upgraded their ranks, placement and duties, I grew envy and wished I stayed but it is for the best. Alhamdulillah for ACS because in this uncertainties of MOE and Singapore context of education, they are merging all levels of schools because not many intake all due to unproductive population. I wont say I would be safe but I would say for the next 5-10 years is something secured.

Besides that, after I got the placement, many of my dream jobs had opening which I grew envy about it. But, after thinking about the remunerations and how lovely everyone is over here, I think Alhamdulillah for that. Some dream jobs including working in Embassy, or even a CSO in MOE. But having have additional side line, it is more than enough for me to embark on my new journey, a new life to myself after being silent for 6 months. To tell you the truth, I was not even have any plans to do anything during my long leave, it was just like living day-by-day case. Day in and day out.

I would say the jobscope is a little bit different and more desk bound compared to last time but I am happy with what I am doing and sitting with PE department with great people is awesome (I have the whole space for my own during school holidays).

So I've planned out my year.

2017
Aug - Driving License
Sep - Melbourne, Australia

2018
Mar/Apr - Japan/ Kashmir
July - Start my degree (still haven't decided on what to take)
Nov/Dec - Umrah + Petra +Jerussalem

2019
Jan - June - New House :)
Mar - Lasik Surgery
Dec - New Zealand/ London, Spain, Morocco/ Korea

I'm quite pissed that some look down at this job, especially the teachers. At least I have a job in this very uncertain economy. Syukur for my placing here. I feel so motivated now!



Comments