The baby journey

Bismillah.

Today, I would like to share with all of you on my (our) journey of having a baby. After so long I have been contemplating to share with people whether it is too personal or is it good to share with people on the same boat as me.

People tend to ask me whether are we practicing family planning, which I would flipped. I AM NOT ON ANY BIRTH CONTROL and we are readily wanting a baby.

I have always wanted a big family like mine, close knitted and so fun to have so many siblings around. I have 4 younger brothers and my maternal side consist of 45 cousins altogether age ranges from 10 years older and 15 years younger than me. My cousins are my first best friends since I don't have sisters. I even told my cousins that I want to have kids as soon as possible and maybe have 2 kids before 30.

I got married at late 26 and my birthday is in January so I tend to grow older faster. I "planned" that I would have 2 or 3 kinds before 30 because of age factor.

We tried for almost 3 years but nothing happened. I went for mak bidan's massage to know what's the cause. She said when she massage on points regarding fertility or the women's productivity, I will feel the pain and had to do sengkak to make my womb go back to where it supposed to be, as if I gave birth and it fell/ dropped. She asked me to go for check up to do more research on it and I went on my own to 2 GPs for second opinion in mid 2016, took medicines and ultrasounds but they could not conclude anything and suggested me to go to KKH to do further testing. KKH is a by far the best women hospital and having great Gyneacologists, OB GYN and more in Singapore (claimed by my friend who is working in hospital line).

Well, end of 2016 was a tragic accident and half of my 2017 was just gone in a process of healing. So now 2018, we going to do it again.

I could not encourage more for all of you who are the same state as me to get a subsidised package where you go to polyclinics to get referral to your appointment to the hospital. Please note that referrals will take 1 month of appointment from the date you go to polyclinic to get a gynea appointment in KKH and you can't choose doctors whether it is a guy or lady, senior or newbie doctor.

I went to polyclinic to get my referral to make appointment in KKH in Dec. I went KKH in January but I came tad a little late (30 mins) and they said the doctors went home. I was quite furious because of the counter lady and of course wasted my time to rush and ended up I was given the next appointment in February, a month later. Fine!

I came in February and alhamdulillah it was blessing in disguise as I wasn't having menses (compared to January) and the doctors can make all the checks during that time. I had Papsmear check, blood tests and discharged from Clinic C (gynea for expecting moms and people who have problems with their ovaries, eggs, cysts, fibroids and what not) to fertility centre or also known as IVF centre.

Our first appointment with them was on 14 March and alhamdulillah all the results from tests were good. I don't have cervix cancer or any infections, hormone level are good, my reserves of the ovaries are good and I have quite number of eggs, no signs of fibroids and cysts during my previous checks. The next check was the sperm count and A deposited it on 2nd April when I also got MC because of my gastric and had a great time spent together over long holiday. The doctor then suggested me to go for another test call Hy Fo Sy (stands for Hysterosalpingo - Foam - Sonography) which will be on this Wednesday. It will determine on how and what is going to happen next.

All results will on 23 May, on our 2nd doctor’s appointment. I am not sure how to feel about this whole thing but its quite scary on doing the test itself. I am seriously not confident because my Papsmear was awkward and uncomfortable compared to my intervaginal scan in 2016. All in all, hopefully everything goes well insyaAllah.

The result will determine whether I will take IVF or IUI or do some cleaning, take jabs and pills. Please pray for me for my health and my future kids :)

Comments