A sudden and emergency surgery

Sorry guys for not updating as the title said so.

Okay I will explain to one by one.

I went for HyFoSy alone because it I chose it after work. My appointment was the last slot on 11 April, which was 3.45pm. I reached on the spot and quickly register myself. Registration took some time and explaining on the things they needed to do, procedures and consent which Ii told them I watched YouTube video to know more and adhere everything. lol. changed to my "operation" gown and had to wait for the patients before me to go.

I can't remember how many times I had to pee that time because I was too nervous.

The room was quite big and comfy, there's 2 technicians explaining things to me while the doctor was still outside. I saw the apparatus and straight away stoked on it.

The procedure was invasive, which was not the best and appealing but both technician and Dr Yeo did a great job for being very careful and less uncomfortable/awkward. The procedure took nearly 30 mins, 2 tests was given.

First was the dye foam which filled up the uterus to see any blockage of Fallopian Tubes, weird placing tubes, bloated or any some kind of weird things happening.

These are examples from the dye sonography:

See the source image

See the source image

Those were not mine as the doctor did not revealed to us about it nor the pictures.


They found something like this (also not my picture):
See the source image

Dr Yeo asked me to call KKH to bring forward my appointment due to some follicles from the imaging and suggested for me to do washing. My GP had warn me of it that they have to do scraping in my uterus. yikes

Image result for gif yikes

I was still stoked, shock and blank but I brave myself to called on that Friday which the clerk mentioned the doctors are all fully packed schedule and she will see if there is a need to change appointment.

After few hours, I got an SMS that my appointment was brought forward from 23 May to 2nd May and I panicked! Even though I had known about the washing but still makes me scared of the non ideal answers from tests.

Image result for gif panic

On 19 Apr, I was called from KKH to say that they need to shift my appointment to 25 Apr to discuss about my results from. I became more panic and A couldn't change his leave because there were too many people taking leave. I told my boss I'm taking half day leave and come back for staff bonding later in the afternoon.

DAG DUG DAG DUG.

Image result for gif heart palpitation

My heart felt like coming out from my chest when Doc Liu explained to me that I have a BIG polyp, 2cm x 1cm to be precise. I don't know what polyp is, I only knew about fibroid and cyst but this is something new and foreign to me.  She explained to me with drawings and she said that it could be cancerous. She said its normal and caused by hormones and not food intake. And to remove it, I have to go day surgery. I heart sank, my face blacked, my mind blanked.

Image result for gif heart sunk Image result for gif blacked face

The day surgery under my package only available on Mondays so I chose 14 May but the Dr told me it was too long, she said 7th couldn't make it but can I move to 30th April, which was the coming Monday. I told her I had programme in school and she said "Health is much important than anything else and Dr Yeo is very worried about my growth and need to attend for it ASAP

Image result for gif heart sank

I was aimlessly walking around the hospital, my mind wasn't focusing and I just had no mood to go back to work but I just had to tell my reporting officers and VP about it. Everyone gave me the encouragement and I had a relief person to come and help me during my 1 week rest.

Having to finish up everything in 2.5 days was crazy and lots of things I forget to do and remind them but its okay. I am trying not to open my email

30 Apr!

A managed to get a last minute leave to bring me to KKH, our appointment was at 7.15am and we are the 3rd person there. I pity A that he had to wait for me all the way till 12+ for me to finish my day surgery and helped me to bring me home.

I registered and checked in, make payment. The doctors called and immediately they asked me to change to the operating dress and put my bag in the locker (noooooo handphone). Luckily the day before I couldn't sleep, so I managed to sleep in between before they call for surgery. They gave me medicine to open up my cervix which took 1.5hrs - 2hrs to open up. Alhamdulillah I did not felt any pain during that time, most probably it is because the IV drip device has already poked me and it stings like hell.

I watched TV and slept in between until 11am, the aesthetician came and pull me out from the waiting room to the OT. It's quite big and like all the scenes from the medical TV shows except no gallery. I moved to the theatre bed, relaxing myself, preparing my OT dress, wires for BP and saw Doc Liu. They started to put medicine through the IV, the anesthetician started to give me the oxygen which is the GA. After 4-5 deep breath, I was gone asleep.

I woke up at 11.45am, the nurses told me they called A at 11.20am that I was successfully operated and will call him in soon. Then I had to wait for myself to be released from monitoring space while dozing in and out till 12pm and pushed me back my waiting room. I felt so thirsty since I had to fast from midnight till my operation. I asked for food and drink and they gave me Milo, plain water and chicken sandwhich. weeee.

Then waited for the doctor to review and gave me my MC. The review was, I had 3 polyps removed; 1 is the 2cm x 1.5cm and 2 small ones 1cm x 1cm.

Image result for gif shocked

But Alhamdulillah that because of this surgery, they managed to remove it. And also the doctors helped to scarp away some thick lining walls that may be the reason to also prevent from getting a baby. More results will be on 23 May, consultation with the doctors. I'll show you the pictures of the polys in my next blog so stay tune.

P/S: I am recovering well Alhamdulillah. Not too painful as I ate Panadol here and there and I have to finish up my antibiotics course over 5 days.

Comments