Infertility Journey

Bismilllah.

"Dalam Allah tidak memberi, itu adalah pemberian"

I have gathered much courage to share with all of you that this is my Infertility Journey. I am quite denial up till yesterday during my check-up post surgery and revealing the results from the lab test regarding my polyp growth.

Some of medical terms that you need to familiar with.

What is Polyp?

Uterine polyps are growths attached to the inner wall of the uterus that extend into the uterine cavity. Overgrowth of cells in the lining of the uterus (endometrium) leads to the formation of uterine polyps, also known as endometrial polyps. These polyps are usually noncancerous (benign), although some can be cancerous or can eventually turn into cancer (precancerous polyps).

Here is the picture of my uterus, the day surgery when they removed the polyps.
The first line was the thickening of the wall lining.
Second line is the opening of the Fallopian Tubes.
Third line were the polyps in the uterine lining.
Last row pictures are my newly cleaned uterus.
Good news and bad news.

Good news is, the growth is not cancerous.
Bad news is, this growth is a simple hyperplasia.


Hyperplasia is a pre-cancer, range between normal and cancerous. In it, there are 3 stages: simple, complex and A typical.

Alhamdulillah mine is simple hyperplasia. For simple hyperplasia, there is 1% chance of getting it to become cancerous, which is very uncommon but over time, if I don't take care of my body and have it treated, it will grow to become cancerous.

Hyperplasia is one of the conditions that I have irregular menses and the cause of growth of polyp now is because of my body weight. It eats my fats to create and build up inside my uterus.

So now, my mission is to get healthy and lose at least 5kg to the next appointment in August, take the medication for 3 months to stop the thick wall lining to grow and not let the polyp to grow again, hope for the best afterwards.

What has it got to do with infertility?

Because of the over thickening of the lining wall, it made difficult for a fertilized egg to implant and begin to develop into a fetus. The embryo could not grow when there's something obstructing and feeding on the uterus aka polyps. Menstrual irregularities also makes it hard to calculate ovulation period which can also make it more difficult to conceive.

Even using IUI or IVF, the implantation could not take place because of the thick wall lining or possible polyps around the uterus.



Please make me redha of whatever the outcome is.

Comments