I sew my own hari raya dress

Selamat Hari Raya (yg ke 28th) everyone!

Yes, I sew my own Hari Raya dress inspired by Poplook. I actually wanted to buy the Poplook one because I pretty much do not have enough time to make my own dress due to business of making kuih raya and settling everything in the house to be raya ready. BUT Poplook doesn't have it in Maroon. This maroon colour is supposed to do for my brother's wedding so I doubled up to use during Hari Raya and his wedding. Hehe.



A post shared by Fiza Aw (@fiza_licious) on


Ni rumah raya ke 23 kau rasa. Ofcourse lah cantik coz perhiasan dia cantik. hahah

Feeling naik kereta api yg tak sampai 5 min pun

boleh nampak details of the baju and lace

Dalam process tinggal satu tangan. Show off sikit kat mak, kite dah pandai lah konon. skali salah

gambar ala2 wedding dress. hahaha dgn sebelah tangan dia hilang
The dress was easy, is just that it was my first time sewing a lace modern kurung with a weirdly lace and not full lace. I had sew the first round and I did not match the lace endings, it was crossed with each other. Then, I tried to fixed and got it right like this top picture, only to know when I reached my mom's house, the back lace was on its back side and not the right side DD:

AND mom said that have to unpicked the whole thing and redo because I did it wrongly. Lace was supposedly to light stitches before sewing them together. And I hand to had sew "serembat" or roughly through out the edges before I i stitch interlock stitch. It was nearing raya and I panicked that I can't finish it but alhamdulillah all went well. Only the skirt's waistband was chaotic. I wanted a half rubber band and half interface but it went wrong! Now I have to redo it again because it was too loose and keeps on falling off from my hips.

Next post, I will share with you my Dnd dress yg disukai ramai. hahahah

Till next post! Toodles!

Comments