TTC - back at it again!

Updates on my baby journey.

It is almost a year that we are TTC. I remembered that I went to polyclinic to get my referral letter in December and only saw my first gynea appointment in Feb as I was late for my appointment in January. Fast forward to today, I just finished my first round of Clomid and the results was that I am not ovulating. I had to take blood test on 21st day to know whether my progesterone is present.

The reason I am not ovulating is that I have a very irregular menses and the ovulation dates varies.
For other people who have PCOS, endometriosis or others, you reason and causes may differ.

You really have to understand your body situation and why things didn't happen. Here are some terms that you need to know in order to figure out what causing late menses or no ovulation.

Estrogen (in the female reproductive system)

In low concentration, estrogen inhibin LH secretion. The higher the estrogen, the lower the FSH produced during menses. But when in high concentration, estrogen stimulates LH. High LH, will trigger ovulation.

High estrogen can or may cause to have low progesterone but they are not in compliment. Some may have high estrogen but are okay and some are not. The symptoms of having high estrogen is having irregular menses and heavy flow, thick blood clots, black or dark brown in colour. You can prevent by not taking soy produced.

Estrogen stimulates bone, muscle growth, endometrial growth. Maintains female secondary characteristics and glands.

Progesterone (in the female reproductive system)

Progesterone is definitely important to support the linings of the uterus walls. It will appear after ovulation period starts. If there is insemination, then the uterine wall will support the fertilized egg.

Corpus Luteum will produce progesterone and will increase slowly. If there is no fertilized egg, the corpus luteum will degenerate and progesterone will to decrease significantly. If there is a fertilized egg, progesterone will keep on increasing and new hormone will be introduced called human Chorionic Gonadotrophin or hCG. Ring a bell? HCG is when women test their urine to determine whether they are pregnant after 5 weeks of the "new menses cycle".

Luteinising hormone (in the brain)

Is the most important hormone which triggers ovulation. When the rise of LH and estrogen, it will stimulate ovulation cycle.


Follicle-stimulating Hormone (FSH) (in the brain)

FSH helps ovarian follicles to develop (to become primary and secondary follicles) and promotes secretion of estrogen. It rises twice when there is low of LH, which is during menses and during ovulation.


Menstrual cycle : Day 5

Menstrual cycle : Day 17

Menstrual cycle : Day 18

Menstrual cycle : Day 30

Menstrual cycle : Day 30 - pregnancy

How do you know when you have high or low estrogen/ progesterone? Go to the doctor and do blood test, they will let you know and plan for your next course.


So what is next for me?

I have jotted down things that I would like to share and hopefully do for my second cycle of Clomid and hopping to get a positive result soon. Here are the things that I would like to share: Fertility diet, Exercise, Fertility Essential Oil and tracking your ovulation period.

Hope this is beneficial and will see you soon!

Comments