Our new home

Bismillah wal hamdulillah.

We are so happy with our new home. At first I am scared of A not wanting to move and just leave the house in bare minimum but alhamdulillah, he has accepted with much love.

We collected our keys from HDB office on 30 May. So excited sampai balik rumah even though nearing buka period just to see the house. Our appointment was at 2.45pm but I can only get out from work at 3pm whereas my Husband can only make it at 3.30pm. Pity the agent from the other side had to wait for us. Even though we were late, the process only took 30 mins overall. While waiting for our queue, A managed to settle the insurance and after signing, we went to SP online sign up coz the queue took forever.


 


We reached our home at 5pm and my Brother has been waiting for us so that he can tompang his TV while his house on renovation. 

We were so happy to call this our home.














We took a break from everything because of Hari Raya celebration. But of course before that, I wanted to bring my parents to see my place and get their blessings by inviting my family for buka puasa at my place. So much fun and felt so warmth masyaAllah. I didn't manage to cook because we were unsure of whether the electric will be cut off half way. Alhamdulillah it didn’t so we had our first iftar at our place with my family as well celebrating Munir’s 17th birthday. We bought Tenderfresh chickens and cooked our own pearl to create Thai Bubble Milk Tea.



We painted the WHOLE house on our own and took almost 3 weeks! Because of the Hari Raya period, weekends were filled with visiting and we could only paint after that. Then we had our flooring done by Evorich within a day. Our sofa and fridge came in the same week on the Saturday.















Our washing machine, rice cooker, blender came the following week. I really love my samsung washing machine because it is super energy and water saving. I could also control the washing machine using SmartHome app on my phone. How cool is that?!

Every pay cheque is very exciting for us as there will always be a new addition of things to buy. Like last month, we bought curtains, get the sink fixed and the doors were transformed with the wallpaper film.

We finally decided to bring over our things (bed, vanity mirror, study table, kitchen dinning table) to our new home from my mom and my mother in law's place.











We are not really sure of our home concept because our first time to decorate our home. We both are super overwhelmed with joy and love. And it felt so surreal that this is happening.

For those who are new here, I have been waiting for this moment for the longest time ever. Because my husband is the youngest among his siblings and his mom is alone as my father-in-law had passed on before I even got to know my husband. The journey to go through so many processes with HDB as his name was a co-owner of mother-in-law house, searching for the perfect house knowing that our budget is not so big.

True what they say, with much sabr, you will find ease. Alhamdulillah, I've prayed so much for this moment to happen. Can’t wait to invite friends and relatives to come to our house.

Comments