31 and loving it

Let's embrace being 31.

I need to be healthy, I am motivated and I love what I am having right now.

I need to be healthy for my own self.  I felt hopeful and trying to be get pregnant because I saw the stories of Fazreena Aziz, founder of TudungPeople got pregnant naturally as they were preparing themselves to do IVF in February. You can read her story here.


Am so happy for them!

So I decided to go SGH, change of hospital. Initially we wanted to go private (Dr Aziz) after my horrendous session at KKH. But because if we decided to do IVF, it will cost a bomb and after subsidies, I only need to pay around $2-3k for IVF treatment in government hospitals. Initially when I went to polyclinic to get referral is because of my ever so long spotting/bleeding that I am scared it is because of infection, thus I needed to get checked (since my company gave a full coverage for trips to the government and panel doctors).

I went to SGH on 8 Jan and 6 Feb and got to know my problems and what that I can improve. I am diagnosed with PCO: the type not ovulating every month, thus thickening of the uterine lining. I have good amount of eggs in reserve but it just doesn't want to mature and ovulate. The unexplained infertility they said. I have to lose weight in order to ovulate naturally and also for myself to prevent the 3 chronic disease: heart attack, high cholesterol and diabetes.

I am shocked that I kept on discarding the idea that I am PCO because I don't have cyst/fibroid/ very bad period cramps, I don't have acne, I do not have male traits nor baldness. I only had irregular menses, heavy ones when they came. When the doctors mentioned that my weight is also associated with PCO and I was like, see? I am not naturally a heavy weight! ahah.

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS): A lifestyle-related Problem ...

My aim to lose 10 kg in 3 months, eating healthy and clean. And adding my HIIT and yoga session. We are going to try naturally with the aid of Letrozole for 3 months and the doctors hoping I can get pregnant naturally before the IVF. I hope that I am fit enough too.

My birthday came and A surprised me with ombre cake, balloon and my favourite wallet (which I told him earlier)! Then he bought me a robot vacuum which made my life wonders and a baking mixer.

Oh and my best birthday present was passing my driving license!

We did not plan anything fancy as we are going KL with my family for my cousin's wedding. Planned to do a short trip to Langkawi and driving around the island during Good Friday and ended with my another cousin getting married in Negeri Sembilan.

I am looking forward to this journey. Hopefully good insyaAllah.

Comments