IVF - things you need to know

Things you need to know about IVF

  • There's a lot of needles and poking you need to do on your own
  • If you think that IUI is invasive, IVF is more invasive in a sense that had to do a day surgery to take out the eggs and cultivate them. 
  • Money will always be the factor
  • The trips that you have to make to the hospital and then to work
  • Emotional! Get yourselves ready man. I told myself and prepared myself that I may need to undergo 3 cycles for it to happen because of my PCOS but I am happy if I can get my first shot successful
The 3 months before IVF:

  1. Doctors will all of us to go naturally with medicinal assistance. Letrozole or Clomid and asking you to lose weight to get higher chances of getting pregnant naturally. For my case, I wasted my 3 months and only lose 1.5kg, I started revamped my diet, eating healthily, exercising and basically taking care of myself more. 
  2. If you are someone who is overweight like me, try to lose 5kg or more during this 3 months and more towards your IVF for better success rate.
  3. Eating clean and the right food. No sugar, no salt, no fast food, processed food, lots of green veggies, for me celery juice helps me with my skin and well being.
  4. Eating prenatal supplements such as follic acid, DHA, CoQ10 (for both male & female), Omega 3, Vitamin B Complex, Vitamin E, macca root, Alpha Lipoc Acid. I only started at my 1 month before my appointment with my IVF doctor but it is still good.
  5. Exercise. exercise, exercise. I can't stress you enough on this. Get all the fats burning, get yourself healthy for the baby.
  6. Positivity! You are not alone and don't worry. I just learnt from Michelle Ann Iking about how stay positive and law of attraction. I realised that my law of attraction was not so good. I need to be strong and positive and surround myself with positive people.


Comments