My Skincare Routine

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيم

I can't believe that I am 31.5 year old already! 2020 definitely felt like fast forward with the Covid situation. As many of you know, I suffered from eczema since I was 15 years old. The main areas are: neck and inner elbow but recently after having hormone jabs during IUI, it grew new regions such as chest, face (chin, eyes and forehead) and below the collarbone area. I tried many creams and even steriods cream but it didn't work. 

But recently, I did my celery juice diet, drinking one cup every morning before meal show some difference. My skin is better and not itchy, some improvements on skin texture and colour too. I just lather the areas with normal moisturiser (Nivea blue tin). So for those of you looking for more lasting and permanent cure compared to the creams, this is the best choice. No, I am not influenced by Anthony William. I got to know about the celery juice because of my weight loss routine rather than eczema. Another thing is that, the celery juice must not go into fruit juicer. Go for blender and have to drink together with the fibre-y leftovers. 

  • 1st step: recognize your skin condition. My skin is a little sensitive with certain ingredients like high level of alcohol, SLS and certain fragrance. I can only use certain brands, which is not harsh for my skin. Skin irritants can detected by your skin reaction such as warm or hot sensation, your face becomes drier and flaky, allergic reaction such as red spots, hives, acne breakouts. Here are some of the skin irritants that you should avoid:
- Alcohol
- Fragrance
- Menthol
- Essential oils

  • 2nd step: skin type. Whether it is oily, normal or dry. Mine was normal until eczema came to my face last year, it became dry. 
  • 3rd step: choosing a product. For me over the years of trying, testing what suits my skin, by end of the day, I will look into the results. Some show results after 1 month and others 3 months (3 months is max for me, I'll change once 3 months is up) 
- Nivea is good, not harsh on my skin,
- Eucerin is definitely the best.
- Innisfree is my go to for both my make up range and some skin care such as sunblock and face mist.

Previously I wasn't too religiously taking care of my skin because I don't see the results and malas because dulu muka flawless. Not that now muka tak flawless but aging and have to take care of the skin from too much of sun exposure.

Main aim: 

  1. To remove pigmentation/eczema scars. Eczema causes darken of the skin
  2. Hydrate my face
  3. To remove line around my eyes (because of eczema) 

You can use this as a guide:


For me, morning routine will be like:
  1. Cleanser
  2. Serum (always before moisturiser)
  3. Moisturiser
  4. Sunscreen
  5. CC Cream and start my make up
For night routine:
  1. Oil cleanser - to remove make up
  2. Cleanser - deep cleansing
  3. Clay mask OR chemical exfoliate (1x a week)
  4. Serum
  5. Moisturiser
I don't use toner like ever because I don't believe in it. My face can't handle alcohol and I don't see the purpose to dry my face and put moisture back using moisturiser. 

I also don't use face oil anymore. I used to believe it is good for my skin, give me the most moist, supple and puffy look but essential oils are a no-no. Yes, I do use essential oils for medication (as medicated oils-peppermint, lemongrass, Theives) but not as a skincare routine. 
 
 
My cleaners: Eucerin UltraWhite Spotless has been the best. It is foamy texture compared to the previous Whitening, gel type. What I like about Eucerin is that it is recommended by dermatologist for those who have skin problems or sensitive skins because they don't contain alcohol, colourant, parabens and fragrance. My mom recommended me to use this because the sales lady saw my mom's face condition.
I don't use scrubs anymore because of the St Ives and Himalayan saga on micro tears lawsuit, thus I am sticking to my normal cleanser and use a facial cleansing brush I bought at Watson Malaysia for deep cleansing. 



I just used Nivea Micellar water with Rose Water. I was contemplating between this and Neutrogena's. But this is good and gives me a glowy face after use. I only use this after whole day of make up, let it rest for a while for the rose water to sip in and then I will use my cleanser.
 
 

My sunscreen is from Innisfree with 50 spf. Very good for Singapore's weather. Sunscreen is a must whether it is indoors or outdoors. SkinInc My Daily Dose of Glow is for my hyperpigmentation. Ni betul2 glow after I use my Innisfree Clay Mask (Brightening) for exfoliating and apply it directly after. Neutrogena Hydro Boost is the best because not only it moisturises, it also locks the skin from dehydration. It contains Hyaluronic Acid (HA) which is a yeay! I use both morning and night (actually there's a night sleeping mask, I'll get it soon)



My extras! Eucerin Hyaluron Filler is epic! It pumps up vitamin C into the skin and makes my skin fairer. What's the difference between this and SkinInc is that I will use SkinInc in the morning and night only after my exfoliation. This will be my every night usage as vitamin C cannot be exposed to sunlight and should be kept lower than 25 degrees. The eye cream works as magic. It is for lines around the eyes area (mine was badly damaged by eczema) and dark circles IF your under eyes are hollow. Mine was because of eczema so the dark circles did not go away. My handy Innisfree mist is super useful in the office because it can be too dry. It has nice smell really makes my skin supple after just one spray (last time, I didn't know and sprayed 2-3 times and my face looked like I am sweating. haha).

Why no moisturiser? As you know last time I dont really take care my face that much, I just use normal Nivea moisturiser on my face. hahah

Now I am waiting for my Ordinary moisturiser, retinol, Rose Hip Oil (for my eczema) and CeraVe repair eye cream to arrive.

I would like to try BIODERMA Sensibio H2O Micellar Solution as many reviewed is the best and good for sensitive skin. As well as Ordinary Niacinamide and Alpha Arbutin. 

Comments