Car Rentals in Singapore

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Alhamdulillah, after I passed my driving license for 6 month, I am having fun driving around Singapore. In Singapore, companies like Carlite and TribeCar accept probation drivers (below 1 year of driving licence). I signed up with TribeCar at first and had issues, cars are very bad conditions, thus leaving them to try out Carlite. Surprisingly, Carlite has the exact same interface website (they dont use an app) as TribeCar. I just got to know from my brother that TribeCar is a subsidiary of Carlite where Tribe bought cars from Carlite. The rentals options are by pick up and park at the same parking space on charged by hourly, prices are comparable. To compare TribeCar and Carlite, I find Carlite's customer service officer is very nice and patient and Carlite cars are way better than TribeCar. 

I wanted to sign up for BlueSG and Smoove after the Tribe incident but both only allows me to have my license after a year and 2 year respectively. And Smoove just announced that they are not coming back after the Circuit Breaker has been lifted (2 June). 

Difference between TribeCar and Carlite (to me):

              TribeCar                                           Carlite
      Wornout/bad condition cars                    Brand new cars
                     Not much options of cars             Many location and option of 
                                                                           types/sizes of cars
                    New driver's extra payment               No new driver extra payments
                  Just make sure fuel is not empty       Fuel must be above or exactly 1/4
             Sticker label of TribeCar blue            No sticker, like normal car
                                               banner on windshield
                   Booking by hour                           Booking by 15mins


BlueSG cars are so cute and sounded like an alien spaceship because it runs on electric. #nofuel You can pick up and park at any of the designated carparks, great right! They don't charge you for the parking charges that you don't use the car. Booking is by timing & mileage and the charges will stop once you park at any of the designated carpark. BlueSG cars are available at my home carpark, my parents' carpark and working area. But BlueSG have subscription fees than we need to pay. I hope that I can use subscribe to BlueSG next year.

Comments