Total cost for our first IVF procedure

 It is $15.6k in total.


This is the most expensive bill I ever received so far. I got a shock of my life with all the procedure's charges. This is the total bill and what you saw on top is the IVF transfer day itself, I opted ICSI instead of the natural including the storing and freezing of the 2 embryos. Your receipt may be different pricing of what are the things you opt for. The rest of the medication was under my name of $2462 (I paid forward with my own money). So, after government funding of $7700, Medisave of $5000 (because I used my first cycle for IUI), an adjustment from the hospital, I had to pay $2624 on my own in total.

Alhmadulillah for the heavily subsidized and funded by the government. I am so blessed. Now we will just wait for the next review to start our new cycle. The next round will be lesser the bill because I have 2 frozen embryos in the fridge, just doing the frozen egg transfer (FET) while suppressing the body from not ovulating and create the correct amount of lining for it to stick. My appointment was cancelled twice, one supposedly on 26 Sep and then to 8 Oct and now to 29 Oct. haiz. Hopefully there is a hikmah in it and maybe I will get pregnant naturally insyaAllah.

Healthy living really is good for the body buy at times there will be withdrawal symptoms to eat non-healthy food, sweet drinks, and desserts. I have not started my exercise and keep on telling myself that I will. lol. I also realized that my feet were always cold or easily cold so I kept on using socks and even iron my socks to make them warm. Soaking my feet every day inside warm waters too does help. I googled the reason for having cold feet is because I am not active, mostly sitting in the office for few hours and not walk around and at times I got to work by Grab, no walking needed. So to compensate for that, I have to exercise my lower body area especially the legs, soak in warm water and wear warm socks most of the time. I also realized that ever since I started drinking green tea, my legs are better. drinking hot drinks does improve my blood circulation too.

My friend suggested to me to go for Thomson TCM acupuncture before my next round of procedure, she said it is good and effective. The package bundle is $540 for 6 sessions, $62 for consultation, and not including the medications if any, which is at $12.80/day. There's at Paragon, NUH, and Waterway Point.

I would really want to try and also traditional massage to help my procedure, still looking for a good one.

Now, just waiting for the review and hopefully, I get pregnant before my treatment.

Comments