To sell the house or not to sell?

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

I know this topic is too early as I just stayed in this house for only a year and a half but I just want to see2 look2 what are my options and what I can get. 

Basically, whatever we pay our current house by CPF will go back to CPF. We can only get the cash proceeds only when we have profits. For example, I bought my house at $420k and selling at $450k, my cash proceeds will be $30k. Now I am contemplating whether I want to sell my house or not with only $30k of profit. My house can definitely go higher because very near to amenities such as primary and secondary school, near to MRT, malls and market. Is just that whether my house is nice enough to upsell that price by 2024, my house will be 39 years old. I can't sell it any later because of age even though the area and amenities are quite good.

I was thinking that the profit is going to be our Hajj money and insyaAllah the balance for our future. But that is if we get lucky again to get a house that doesn't need to do a major renovation. 

Another thing was that we were looking for a higher floor unit with unblock view, the same as my mother in-law's house. I think we are too used to that kind of scenery and having to stay indoors during lockdown really makes us feel suffocated with no view and blocked bedrooms and kitchen and the living room is facing the whole neighbouring block.

And I am stuck on whether to renovate the house to my liking because, if by the end of the our 5 years here and we decided to sell the house, mcm sayang. I don't have an interior design concept in mind but some of the features in the house really doesn't suit me or remembering me of the previous owner(s).

I would really like to have this for my kitchen door.


Create an artificial service yard since my kitchen is long. Fixing Steigen automated laundry system 


I want to get bathtub for my toilet

I want to change to white marble concept for my toilets since the
HIP model is not in good condition anymore.


Putting a divider in my living room area to create some sort of balcony area. Love this black frames

Love this green cabinets. I initially wanted blue but too many people had blue. Why not green right? 

Comments