Review of Thomson Medical - TCM Fertility Treatments

Bismillah.

I know some of you have been waiting for this review for the longest time from my previous blog post. We will do backstory a bit before I share my experience. 

I wanted to prepare my body for the second IVF because it is frustrating that we have invested so much money and time for this. So I am putting 110% effort such as reducing my weight, eating healthy and preparing my body. I knew that my body wasn't in the best shape after the first round with bloatedness and gaining weight. Moreover, I have a "cold" womb because of my cold legs. To prepare the body and the eggs, they will need me to attend at least 3 months in order to see results.

Before I started TCM, I went for a whole-body massage (Malay style) at SpaJelita. To be frank, the massage did not make me feel better, just like someone pressing on my sore muscles, that's all. Last time they had a ginger massage but I think they scrapped it. I was looking into the option of going to Raffles Hospital (just opposite of my workplace) but it was fully booked and couldn't meet my demand for my timing. My friend Amany tried Thomson Medical TCM and she said it was good but I was contemplating because I have to travel from work to Punggol and then back to Tampines by bus (the bus stop wasn't really near to my house, I had to walk almost 12 - 15 mins there). Oh, they have other branches at Paragon and NUH too but they are out of the way for me.

After much thought, I decided to seal the deal with Thomson Medical after another friend of mine joined and said it was a good experience and felt convinced. I booked the appointment at the Waterway Point branch via the appointment request on their website and they called me within an hour to confirm my booking. They were so accommodating for last-minute appointments that they can squeeze your appointment in between 2 existing appointments. My physician's name is Ho Chin Ee, she speaks English well and I am very satisfied with her service compared to my friends' feedback of their physicians where they don't really speak much and explain things (or maybe I am the talkative one, keep on asking questions from her. haha) The appointments are around 1.5 hours, 10 - 15 mins of consultation and then 1 hour and 15 mins of acupuncture.



The first appointment was pretty simple as I just need to fill up a small form and wait for the physician. Then she called me to her consultation room, asking the details. The best part of my physician is she automatically knows that I am suffering from PCOS when I told her some details, looking at my tongue and reading my pulse. There was no need to bring any documents from the hospital, that simple.  

Consultation Room

After that, she brought me to the treatment room where I had to remove my hijab and my pants if the pants can't roll up to above knee and cover with a towel. She will start the treatment from my head then my face, tummy, hand and lastly my legs. During my first appointment, some points were VERY painful and I had to ask my physician to remove the needle, some were numbing and sore. Then she put some heating lamps, one on my tummy and the second one on my feet. She left the room and switching off the lights for me to rest and I indeed got a good rest. She came back after an hour to remove all the needles, I felt like an electric shock and numb where I can't even stand up. She did ask me to lay down for a bit before I make a move. And after I reached home, I had very bad cramps and tummyache. I told her during my next visit and she said maybe it is because my womb started to reactivated and ready for the journey.

Treatment Room

The subsequent treatments were okay but at some points were still painful and sore. The last few were more needles than I expected. I took the package of 6 sessions for $540 in total and without TCM medication because I was preparing for my IVF. Both my doctor and physician didn't allow me to eat herbal medicine together with the IVF medicine but are okay to do acupuncture. They also did recommend to continue acupuncture after embryo transfer but I guess I won't risk it.

All in all, I recommend coming here if you are looking for infertility treatment for both husband and wife such as the cold womb, improving circulation, low quality or quantity eggs, low sperm count, erectile dysfunction and so on. For me, it was a great experience but for some especially they have low pain tolerance (I am too actually!) and cannot imagine being poked with needles, I guess you have to find another alternative.


Opening hours for Waterway Point:
Monday to Wednesday, Saturday : 8.30am to 7.30pm
Thursday : 9.30am to 7.30pm
Friday : 8.30am to 6.30pm
Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays

Good luck and baby dust to all of you!

Comments