Done and dusted! - finally I completed my degree

The time has come! Like finalyyyy, I got my final results and pass! Alhamdulillah!!

I was supposed to graduate on June 2020 but because of my financial constraints (focusing on my new home, IUI and IVF), I decided to defer my studies 1 semester and stretched my studies from 3 modules to 2 modules per semester. I think it is a blessing in disguise as Covid-19 hit hard from Jan - August 2020, I got to finish my 3 semesters by online learning. I won't say it is easy but it really saved my time and journey to school and back. I would say, listening to lectures for 3 hours straight at home is very hard because you get distracted on whether to cook dinner, pray or just lazing around/sleep. Online exams are tougher than we anticipated during the Covid period during the Jan - Jun 2020 and when they decided to scrap the idea during the July - Dec 2020 semester and substitute with a 3rd assignment (NOOOOO!!), it was quite a bummer but of course, more time to do assignments and research. But suddenly, there were exams again for my Jan -Jun 2021 semester. What??
I was aiming for Second-Class (Upper) before the Covid-19 period but because of online classes and virtual exams, it was way too hard to score. But all in all, dah pass and graduate kirekan alhamdulillah. 



My graduation day will be in August September at SIM online coz the lecturers in Melbourne can't fly here and we can't fly to Melbourne for graduation (no December graduation in Melbourne because the borders are still closed and the graduation ceremony is only for those who are currently in Australia. huhu.) The plan has always been to graduate in Australia BUT Covid just had to make things worse. We had planned to book a flight to Perth first, enjoy sightseeing for few days and then head to Melbourne for the graduation parade and ceremony and at the same time do some shopping and sightseeing with A.

Usually, the graduation day in Melbourne will fall on a Wednesday, one week before Christmas. There will be a parade walk in the morning and then to the graduation celebration. It will be held at Marvel Stadium. They encourage students to do the graduation parade in the morning and meet everyone at Bowen St at 9:15am and we all will march according to faculties and studies from Swanston St to Federation Square. They also encouraged to take public transport to Marvel Stadium where the registration will start from 1.45pm.

Here's how it looks like in 2019:


So shiok their graduation songs were from Greatest Showman which is my 2 both favourite song from the show 

I was planning to buy some of the graduation stuff from RMIT Grad online store which also does overseas delivery. I am so tempted to buy the merch but now I am contemplating about it because it is just virtual graduation.

















Dah sold out :(


I even wanted to see how much was the total shipment will cost. heheh
aren't they cute??


My friend told me she already did her graduation shoot and rented the robe at Serangoon Broadway, which is also SIM's graduation gown vendor. The virtual graduation ceremony also encouraged us to rent the robe during the ceremony unless we don't want to, we can just wear formal wear. Now I got plans to do a pre-graduation photoshoot, maybe together with a staycation too either at Naumi Hotel or Westin Hotel. I really wanted to take pictures at the Flower Dome or the Cloud Forest (like my friend, haha!) and one at the waterfront with the word dream. 

Her's at Cloud Forest too





I really can't wait! Now, let's plan what to wear during my photoshoot. My graduation robe will be in black and Heliotrope like the pictures below. Not the nicest course colour but I guess grey tudung can match the robe well eh. hmmm


Comments