My First and Second Trimester Story

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Today was supposed to be my EDD day but my baby decided to come early to this world. hehe

Anyways, let's recap on what happened during my first trimester.

After we got our big fat positive,  I still have to go to the hospital every week for a blood test on 18 Jan, 25 Jan and 8 Feb, I skipped 1 Feb because Dr Yong said don't need it. I had to do 2 weeks of scanning until I graduated from my 1st trimester, 1 Feb and 15 Feb. 

18 Jan

Beta HCG: 253

Estradiol: 555

Progesterone: 41.5

25 Jan

Beta HCG: 3750

Estradiol: 611

Progesterone: 36.1

I was supposed not to take a blood test anymore from 1 Feb (my first baby scan) onwards but because the nurse saw my progesterone was on the almost low side, they asked me to come down again to do a blood test on 8 Feb.

10 Feb

Beta Hcg 86296

Estradiol 1412

Progesterone 49.8

And that concludes my end of CARE visit. I've graduated from CARE! Felt so much joy and at the same time, feeling sad because the nurses are so good, caring and friendly. Kinda miss them and their quirkiness.

//

My first scan was on 1 Feb still done in CARE and I was alone at that time, A forgotten to take leave. I cried coz I got to see the sac and the yolk. Then I heard it. The baby's heartbeat ❤ and I cried saying syukur ya Allah. Then the sonographer measured the baby at 2.6mm, heartbeat 119bp. Then I saw Dr Yong at OGC and asking her how is everything and all and she said that my baby looks healthy and my EDD is on 30 Sep. 😃😃 


On my second scan (15 Feb), A was with me and we saw the baby again, now bigger. We didn't get any photos though because Dr Yong didn't give them to us. He was shocked, he even forgets to record, which he usually does it discreetly by putting the phone in his chest pocket. We really in disbelieve seeing this little one in my tummy.

I don't have any morning sickness and anything except nausea especially riding grab/taxi (not vomiting) and period cramps. I started to have no appetite when I was in 2 months and coming to 3. On the 3rd month, I still don't have an appetite to eat except Indian food, which previously I don't really fancy. From prata, to murtabak, to thosai masala and putu mayam. Really weird! Oh and my shoes are all tight! Did I increase my shoe size already? hmmm. I also can't take cabs and Grab because I will feel super nauseated, thus I decided to sign up BlueSG and drive myself to work. And driving is okay for me, even with that small car.

And the most out of the mind thing is that I still have 1 more semester (2 modules) to finish! Luckily classes were still online so I don't need to go to lectures at Clement. Online classes are toughest during this period as I can't concentrate or digest with my pregnant brain. lol. And to top it off, both modules will end with exams, bleargh. Why when I don't want an exam and they gave me? I just revised them few days before because I have a pregnant brain, remember? Really man, my brain is like in the clouds or water, can't think clearly or remember things easily as before.

Second trimester

I realised that I had become vainer in the sense that I wore makeup to work after for so long because of the mask. I don't know why. Also, I am very conscious about my face as my nose started to become bigger and facial acne, whiteheads and blackheads all over my face especially around the masked area.

Just look at my face and nose! hahah

Our third scan (22 Mar) was my 13th week, the baby is 68.8mm and I could see the baby moving, kicking, waving, and lastly got hiccups. I cried when I looked at the monitor because too cute! 


Such a cutie! Can see the eyes, nose and mouth


Alhamdulillah baby is so cute!

Then comes Ramadhan, we went for our Week 17 check-up (which I arranged because I wanted to but there's no need actually) and cuncun I had pain and discomfort when I started my 3rd day of fasting and had to batalkan. She said baby was okay and there are no signs of open cervix nor infection alhamdulillah. She did ask me whether I wanted to do further testing, I said no. I did also consult her on whether I can fast and she said it is up to me but recommended not to do so.

I observed myself and eat lots of dates during sahoor and iftar. I realized that I always have mood changes every month. So during my 4 months, I hated vegetables. I literally wanted to puke and gag just eating 1-2 leaf of kailan. I resorted to just drinking juice and eating fruits. And craving for spicy food too, maybe because the tingkat food is very bland. And my nose has already started to become big.

For baby movement, the baby is very active on week 17, quiet at week 18 which I became scared and make prayers that the baby is healthy. I felt bad and guilty for fasting, knowing that baby needs the nutrition. I also fell sick on week 2 of fasting, I got food poisoning which is the scariest thing to happen during pregnancy. Alhamdulillah, I recovered and in week 19, the baby started to move more. Maybe also because I was doing tapak kuda orders for my friends for Hari Raya and some cleaning of the house. Ponteng 5 days of puasa only. yeay!

On Week 20, our detailed scan and also the gender reveal, I was quite nervous. I don't know, it is just so many things that running through my mind as an IVF procedure baby but alhamdulillah all is well. BUT baby was shy to do a gender reveal coz he/she was crossing his/her leg the whole time. The sonographer was saying that there is a high chance is a girl but can't determine it yet. We both don't mind whether it is a girl or a boy, we both are just excited to know the gender that's all. Yang penting dia sihat amirite?


Can see baby is folding the legs

Baby looking at the camera


During this month, I really love spicy food and also my Indian food cravings are back. Lol. I don’t really eat spicy food as my spicy tolerance went down but not sure why I just love eating prata, thosai, rojak india and all the spicy hari raya food. Lol. Still not a fan of veggies.


The cute bump on Hari Raya that most of them didn't catch. Hehhe

On 31 May, we were back to WFH because of Phase 2 Highten Alert for a month till my next appointment because of the high number of community cases + the dangers on the variant just makes me scared because I am not vaccinated and frequent to the hospital. 

We also started to look for baby things, shop both online and at baby fairs. We were tempted to buy so many things yet we know that baby only uses some things over like a month or 2 and they will outgrow. Really have to curb the temptations especially buying clothes. 

Before our week 24 check-up, we got a false alarm, went to A&E Labour Ward because I felt my whole abdomens hardened, no baby movement and cramps everywhere. Reached SGH at 5pm, do all the checkings and alhamdulillah baby is fine and healthy. The only problem was me because my heartbeat was high and they need to put me on an IV drip and monitor me while waiting for blood results. They said I am hypothyroid but contradicting my high heartbeat rate, they decided to let me go home and monitor my situation.

The next day, we arranged for the scan to see the baby's gender. The baby was still shy but only for a few moments baby spread her legs and it is a girl :) Yeay! Now we can buy some stuff that is gender-specific. And now I know why I am so vain because I am carrying baby girl. heheh.

I find that 2nd trimester was a breeze because the nausea feeling was gone and selera makan masyaAllah so good. My baby bump wasn't obvious too, most colleagues didn't even realised I was pregnant. Haha

Comments