New mom

  بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Hello everyone! It has been a while since I updated. I am well alhmduilllah. I won't say I am fully rested or recovered but I just have to learn to do so one day at time I guess?

How's being a new mom so far? Like what my neighbour said:

Days are long but years are short

Miss her this smoll & botak.

I couldn't agree more to this phrase because the days where I am longing for A to come back from work and I will drop everything to him to shower, cook or rest. To think about it again, I was selfish coz he is also very tired from work? But I needed my rest and sanity from all the crying, wailing and vomiting. Those first 2 months were crazy I tell you. It was tough as new parents because we just don't know what she wants. The hardest was putting her to sleep at night or in the middle of the night. She has a certain way of carrying her to put her to sleep. White noise ke, doa-doa ke all no go. At first she was okay with the sound of the fan at our recess area when she was 2 months. And then she didn't like it anymore. Finally she was okay with the sling which she outgrew it when she's 3.5 months and we had to resort to motorized buai old school.



People keep on suggesting this and that which makes us more confuse. Like if she cries, people suggested to give her more milk and in the end she will vomit because we overfeed her (people still have the perception that giving breastmilk will not overfeed the baby 😓😓) or suggest her on different oils for her gassy tummy (Yu Yee oil is hot okay, dont put on baby! Telon also depends on baby)

Panicking at every single thing, about her tied tongue, about her not pooping. I even went to baby doctor twice because she didn't poop and the doctor scolded me because I didn't take care of my own diet, thus the milk she drinks will affect her. Waste our $100+ just listening to doctor nagging at me.

Our arrangement of having confinement at my mom's place for 2 weeks and then continued at our own home is good choice. The following 2 weeks, which A took paternity leave was the best time that we bonded and figuring out how to handle Baby A. There were times we just couldn't figure out and sometimes her cries just make our hearts jumped, temper rises to each other but now is better, we could laugh it out when she cries like crazy. How crazy it is? I was walking home from another and she started wailing. A was at home and could recognized her wailing and recorded it. He then showed me the video and I was stunned! hahah

My maternity massage was awesome, the kakak urut managed to urut me really well and I lose all my water retention from the pregnancy after 3rd day! confinement food was excellent from Mannadew and I managed to lose weight all my fats for 2 months but gain back everything after that to my original weight *sigh*. 

2 weeks after give birth. That V chin! 

1 month after gave birth. - 10kg from pregnant weight

I can't even fit the top anymore 😭😭

My catheter story was only done after 3 weeks on top of that got UTI (somehow I feel that the UTI didn't go away). Episiotomy wound took awhile to heal (the stitches are okay but still feeling the swell even after taking jelly gamat). Alhamdulillah I managed to move around since after my labour but really have to pantang. I remember some days in hospital or polyclinic, I wasn't wearing proper clothes and it was cold or standing too long. The repercussion: My body started to feel like a wrecked in the 3rd month. Had called the makcik urut again, she said I need to exercise more to feel better. Being cooped up at home makes my body not in good condition too. 

Speaking of pantang, as a modern person, I really can see the side effects of not following pantang. The side effects come so quick. Please if you are as young or younger than me, please take care of yourself.

  1. Wear warming clothes. Long sleeve & socks
  2. Wear bengkung. I regret wearing only for 2 weeks and my tummy still not flat, HAVE TO WEAR FOR 40 DAYS!
  3. If you can go urut longer, the better. I only took 7 days. The kakak said ideally to take 15 days but alternately so I can enjoy almost a full month
  4. Use fan/aircon moderately. Yes, hormones. BUT, it will actually affect you. For me, my cold feet came back and I had to quickly brew ginger tea
  5. Must sleep at least 4 uninterrupted hours at night. You need it. I usually sleep earlier at 8pm and at 12, baby A starts her 1st feeding
  6. No spicy food, cold drinks and oily food. It will interrupt the milk supply

And then after pantang and baby cranky, you also become cranky. I remember that I like don't see the end of the tunnel sey during the 2 - 3 months. I suddenly become self conscious of my look post partum. My hair started to fall aggressively until I can see bald patches. Even my robot vacuum was stuck full of my hair. Looking at my face like age so fast, all the wrinkles, dark circles and eyebags. Self confidence about my look was out of the window because I gained back my weight and whatever clothes that was loose was not a bit of a snug. So I suggest to all mummies and mummy-to-be, please ask your husband to treat you to a spa, facial or hair salon. Ask your mom or MIL to care for your baby that few hours. InsyaAllah you will feel good. I had times when I went out to meet my friends or date with A, wearing something nice, make up and smell good. Getting back my sanity by not losing myself. 

Baby A is alhamdulillah a good and easy baby. She didn't have any allergic reactions to clothes, soaps, diapers or milk. She latched on me easily like a pro since she was born, even the LC came and was like, wah I don't need to teach you. Throughout, she only wakes up twice at night, either at 12 or 2am then between 4-6am. If she wakes up at 4am, she will return to sleep till 8 and sometimes 9am. She's just cries loudly and will cry if she doesn't see me (means I can't leave her for awhile just to wash my hand too). Asked a few people and they said it's a first child syndrome (which I had it too when I was a baby). She was also born as a gassy baby and would vomit every other time. Either those burp and the milk curd came out or merlion. To a certain point, she vomited yellow juice and I got scared but doctor said her weight is good and she's still drinking. I was really depressed at some point of time that I smell of vomit through out the day because no point of keep changing my clothes when she keep on vomiting on me.

Milk drunk

Like a babydoll

She look so different! 

Smollie before shaving head


Smollie after shaving head. That dimple 😍😍

One with atuk

Who that? 

First night sleeping with daddy

Cries

More cries

I don't remember you this smollll

More crying 

Cried because she didn't like wearing headband 

I'm okay now 😅

Looking at it now, that was the easiest period as she sleeps and drinks ALOT! That's all. I could actually bring small bag around (coz she doesn't poop much). hahah

Oh and my shoe size didn't went back to pre-pregnancy and I still hate leafy veggies (must cut small so that I don't feel it stuck in my throat that I will feel like I want to gag)

Comments